Company Auditions for the 2017-2018 Season
Charlottesville Ballet announces its open audition for the professional company to take place on March 5, 2017 at 3:00pm. Positions available include Company Artist, Apprenticeships, and participation in the 2017-2018 Trainee Program. Dancers should bring a prepared folder with a head shot, dance image of choice, and resume. There is an audition fee of $5.00 upon registering.
Audition Location: Charlottesville Ballet Studios | 1885 Seminole Trail in Charlottesville, VA
Audition by company class is also available on the following dates. Please click below to register.
Please contact Company Manager Caitlin Lennon at [email protected] with any questions.
The Development Officer will help develop a comprehensive fundraising plan to meet short and long-term fundraising goals and assist in implementing effective programs that elicit philanthropic support from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government. The DO will work closely with the members of the Board of Directors, the Co-Directors (Sara Clayborne & Emily Mott Hartka), and other administrative leaders to achieve annual fundraising goals while simultaneously building a sophisticated and sustainable development program that sufficiently funds the company’s growing programs and priorities.
The Development Officer position is full time with flex scheduling that can be tailored per candidate. The DO will work to expand and diversify the organization’s channels of support leading into the 2017-2018 Tenth Anniversary Season. Identifying and cultivating new prospective donors in all areas is key to the success of this position. The Development Officer will ensure that the Co-Directors are strategically engaged in the development process, with an emphasis on in-person visits.
- Passion for dance and/or the performing arts
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Self-directed with outstanding organizational and planning skills with ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal colleagues, external partners, donors, and the community
- 3-5 years experience in fundraising with demonstrated success in directing development strategies and securing support from major donors
- Demonstrated ability to create multi-year development plans, set objectives, and achieve goals
- Strong financial management skills including budgeting and projecting contributed revenue
- Ability to utilize and create reports in a CRM database system (past experience with PatronManager or Salesforce a plus)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word with mail merge functions
- Ability and willingness to work independently and as part of a team
- A natural inclination to drive targets forward and an ambitious definition of success
- A passionate interest in the arts and a fundamental belief in Charlottesville Ballet and its mission
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to prioritize a range of competing activities
- Respect for confidentiality at the highest level
- Flexibility of personal commitments to cope with travel, touring, and attending performances and other events in the evenings and on weekends
To apply, please submit the following materials to Operations Manager Nina Staeben at [email protected]:
Cover letter, resume, salary history, references, and two (2) writing samples demonstrating grant and/or appeal writing.
Charlottesville Ballet is looking for part-time accompanists for weekly ballet classes. Pianists with experience accompanying ballet classes are preferred, but Charlottesville Ballet is willing to train qualified applicants. Pay is $20-$25 per hour based on experience.
Applicants must possess strong classical piano technique, good musicianship, and have the ability to follow musical direction. A strong grasp of classical repertoire is essential and sight-reading is helpful.
• Choose music with appropriate rhythms and tempos by observing the movement of the dancers.
• Adapt/improvise in order to best fit the music with the quality of the movement.
• Always be prepared and consistent in the studio
• Maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, and students
To apply for this position, please email resume to Co-Director Emily Hartka at [email protected] with “Accompanist” in the subject line.
Experienced Ballet Instructor
Charlottesville Ballet is seeking an experienced ballet instructor to join our Artistic Team. Instructor will give an advanced ballet class to the professional company once per week.
Interested candidates may send a resumé to Co-Director Sara Jansen Clayborne: [email protected]
Internship: Administrative Assistant
Charlottesville Ballet is seeking an administrative assistant for Summer 2017 and the 2017-18 Academic Year.
Charlottesville Ballet offers customized internships that can be geared toward a particular student’s areas of interest (marketing/PR, production & lighting design, graphic design/photography, etc.). University of Virginia students may apply for college credit through the University Internship Program (UIP).
Photos by Keith Alan Sprouse Photography