2022-23 Season Auditions
Charlottesville Ballet announces auditions for the 2022-23 Season for both Trainee Program and professional company artist contracts.
- Company Artist contracts will be available for both male and female artists, pending COVID guidelines and season planning for Charlottesville Ballet’s 15th Anniversary Season.
- The Trainee Program for young artists is tuition-based and typically runs from late September through late April. Tuition for the season is $5,000 and merit scholarships are available.
All dancer inquiries for the 2022-23 Season may be emailed to Caitlin Lennon, Director of Repertoire: [email protected].
Charlottesville Ballet has a mission for wellness and no rigid aesthetic for its artists; dancers of all body types and backgrounds are encouraged to audition. Charlottesville Ballet offers wellness coaching and in-kind physical therapy services for its dancers. We genuinely care about the health and safety of our dancers and staff– see the current COVID-19 policies for the Charlottesville Ballet studios.
To maximize dancers’ resources of time and travel, candidates may email Caitlin Lennon, Director of Repertoire ([email protected]) with their resume, head shot, dance photos, and video reel before registering for an in-person audition or to request a virtual audition option during Wednesday company/trainee classes.
Please see dates below where you can register to come audition in person and meet our Artistic Team in Charlottesville, VA:
Note: our database will require you to enter credit card information upon registration, but you will not be charged – we believe auditions for professional contracts should be FREE!
Due to the ongoing pandemic, Charlottesville Ballet will be accepting video auditions for the 2022-23 Trainee Program.
Please include classwork, including center adage, pirouettes, petite allegro, and grand allegro, as well as pointe work for women. If recent performance footage is available in classical or contemporary works, it may be included as well. Please include your resume and a recent head shot and email video materials to Caitlin Lennon: [email protected]
Charlottesville Ballet is looking for experienced part-time teachers to teach weekly dance classes to students in the academy. Teachers of all levels of ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, and hip hop will be considered. Must be reliable with a positive attitude and enjoy working with children. Experience in the ABT Curriculum is a plus, but not required. Hourly pay rate is based on experience.
To apply for this position, please send resume to CBA Principal, Heather Rogers at [email protected].
Charlottesville Ballet seeks part-time administrative assistance to help create a welcoming environment for our guests, patrons, and students at Charlottesville Ballet. Experience with dance is preferred, but not required. This is a part-time position that would have flexibility to work in alignment with school holidays/closings.
Days: Monday – Friday
Times: 9:00-3:00PM + One Weekday Evening
Compensation Range: $12-15 per hour
Duties: general operations and administrative tasks including:
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Assist with enrollment of students
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for staff/students, and outside contractors
- Prepare communications, such as meeting minutes, emails, and other correspondence for distribution
- Write and edit documents
- Manage student database
- Assist with general administrative tasks
For more information, please send resume to Co-Director Sara Clayborne at [email protected].
Charlottesville Ballet is looking for part-time accompanists for weekly ballet classes. Pianists with experience accompanying ballet classes are preferred, but Charlottesville Ballet is willing to train qualified applicants. Pay is $20-$25 per hour based on experience.
Applicants must possess strong classical piano technique, good musicianship, and have the ability to follow musical direction. A strong grasp of classical repertoire is essential and sight-reading is helpful.
- Choose music with appropriate rhythms and tempos by observing the movement of the dancers.
- Adapt/improvise in order to best fit the music with the quality of the movement.
- Always be prepared and consistent in the studio
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, and students
To apply for this position, please email resume to Co-Director Emily Hartka at [email protected] with “Accompanist” in the subject line.
Internship: Administrative Assistant
Charlottesville Ballet is seeking administrative interns for Summer 2022 and the Academic Year 2022-23.
Charlottesville Ballet offers customized internships that can be geared toward a student’s areas of interest (marketing/PR, production & lighting design, graphic design/photography, etc.). For more information, please send resume to Co-Director Sara Clayborne at [email protected].