2023-24 Season Auditions
Charlottesville Ballet announces auditions for the 2023-24 Season for both Trainee Program and professional company artist contracts.
- Company Artist contracts will be available for both male and female artists.
- The Trainee Program for young artists is tuition-based and typically runs from late September through late April. Tuition for the season is $6,000 and merit scholarships are available.
Charlottesville Ballet has a mission for wellness and no rigid aesthetic for its artists; dancers of all body types and backgrounds are encouraged to audition. Charlottesville Ballet offers wellness coaching and in-kind physical therapy services for its dancers. We genuinely care about the health and safety of our dancers and staff– see the current COVID-19 policies for the Charlottesville Ballet studios.
To maximize dancers’ resources of time and travel, candidates must submit their audition materials via the Google Form provided below. Please be sure to have your resume, head shot, dance photos, and video reel before registering.
Please do not send emails regarding professional company employment, please use the Google form provided and add in any questions or request in the comment section at the end.
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Charlottesville Ballet (CB) seeks a full-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator to work directly with the Co-Director and collaboratively with organizational staff. This position is responsible for developing and executing our marketing & communications plan, which drives a significant portion of our annual revenue as a nonprofit with a $1.4M operating budget.
The successful candidate will engage with and build the CB community through social media platforms, our website, and in email, print, and public relations campaigns while managing content creation for all channels. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is an integral part of connecting with our communities and showing who we are.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00AM – 5:30PM The candidate is expected to be at all Charlottesville Ballet evening and weekend events, as well as other related events in which Charlottesville Ballet partners. Other evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivering and executing all strategic marketing plans with the feedback of department heads.
- Driving ticket sales through social media, web, print, and email campaigns plus advertising for the Professional Company season (September-May).
- Marketing year-round youth and adult dance programs through Charlottesville Ballet Academy, plus CB Moves free community engagement programming.
- Maintaining all social media channels, delivering new and fresh content on a weekly basis; will work with department heads for content approval and may manage marketing interns/administrative staff on execution of content creation.
- Sending targeted EmmaMail campaigns, plus newsletters highlighting the organization and upcoming events.
- Maintaining image and video archives in Adobe Creative Cloud plus duplicate hard drives.
- Working with the Co-Director and Development Coordinator to execute all development campaigns and content; aiding in the creation of both digital and print pieces, including two in-house direct mail campaigns per year (annual appeal, season postcards, etc.).
- Managing all press relations and creation of press releases and press kits.
- Keeping CB’s WordPress website up to date with program information (in collaboration with the Charlottesville Ballet Academy Manager).
- Managing merchandise design, inventory, and sales through Bonfire platform
- Monitoring and maintaining brand consistency across all channels of communication.
- Staffing CB season events (box office, fundraisers, and community engagement activities).
- Achieving proficiency in Salesforce software (CRM database), EmmaMail (marketing platform), Asana (project management platform for the CB team).
- Other related duties as assigned and as needed.
Click to view the full posting and apply for this position:
Charlottesville Ballet is looking for experienced part-time teachers to teach weekly dance classes to students in the academy. Teachers of all levels of ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, and hip hop will be considered. Must be reliable with a positive attitude and enjoy working with children. Experience in the ABT Curriculum is a plus, but not required. Hourly pay rate is based on experience.
To apply for this position, please send resume to CBA Principal Heather Rogers at [email protected].
Administrative Assistant – Summer 2023 & Academic Year 23-24
Charlottesville Ballet seeks a part-time administrative assistant to help create a welcoming environment for our guests, patrons, and students at Charlottesville Ballet. Experience with dance is preferred, but not required.
SUMMER 2023: perfect for a college student!
Days: Monday – Friday
Times: 8:30-3:30PM + One Weekday Evening (3:00-9:30PM)
ACADEMIC YEAR: August 21 Start Date
Days: Monday – Thursday
Compensation Range: $12-15 per hour
Duties: general operations and administrative tasks including:
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Assist with enrollment of students
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for staff/students, and outside contractors
- Prepare communications, such as meeting minutes, emails, and other correspondence for distribution
- Write and edit documents
- Manage student database
- Assist with general administrative tasks
For more information, please send resume to Amy Martel at [email protected]
Charlottesville Ballet is looking for part-time accompanists for weekly ballet classes. Pianists with experience accompanying ballet classes are preferred, but Charlottesville Ballet is willing to train qualified applicants. Pay is $20-$25 per hour based on experience.
Applicants must possess strong classical piano technique, good musicianship, and have the ability to follow musical direction. A strong grasp of classical repertoire is essential and sight-reading is helpful.
- Choose music with appropriate rhythms and tempos by observing the movement of the dancers.
- Adapt/improvise in order to best fit the music with the quality of the movement.
- Always be prepared and consistent in the studio
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, and students
To apply for this position, please email resume to Co-Director Emily Hartka at e[email protected] with “Accompanist” in the subject line.
Internship: Administrative Assistant
Charlottesville Ballet is seeking administrative interns for Summer 2023 and the Academic Year 2023-24.
Charlottesville Ballet offers customized internships that can be geared toward a student’s areas of interest (marketing/PR, production & lighting design, graphic design/photography, etc.). For more information, please send resume to Co-Director Sara Clayborne at [email protected].