Join Charlottesville Ballet’s Pilot Program!
Movement for Parkinson’s Disease is a FREE weekly dance class for people with a diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and their significant others. Students explore elements of dance to improve the quality of life through overall physical well-being, social interaction and creative expression, and targeted improvements in balance, strength and mobility.
Program Structure: The Movement for Parkinson’s program is offered on an ongoing weekly basis and is open to people of all ages with PD and their caregivers or significant others. The program is free and requires no prior dance experience. New participants are welcome to join at any time.
Dates: Weekly on Wednesdays | September 4, 2019 – May 27, 2020
*No classes: Nov 27, Dec 11, Dec 18, Dec 25, Jan 1, April 8
Location: Charlottesville Ballet Studios
1885 Seminole Trail, Ste. 203
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Parking: Handicapped parking is available in numerous locations around the building.
- To help people with Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders achieve improvements in balance, mobility, coordination, range of motion, posture, quickness, and kinetic awareness
- To reduce depression, anxiety, isolation, fatigue, pain, and constipation
- To enhance quality of life by providing regular social interaction with friends and family members
- To increase motivation and self-confidence through goal-setting and periodic “performance”
- To encourage engagement in dance as a lifestyle change by including significant others in weekly classes
- To articulate the benefits of dance for Parkinson’s patients through research
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].