Academic Year 2023-2024 Tuition
Tuition for Charlottesville Ballet Academy’s academic year classes are paid monthly. The first month’s tuition and registration fee is charged upon enrollment. Each month after, tuition is charged automatically on the 1st of every month for that same month’s tuition (ex. October tuition is charged on October 1).
|Class Length||Monthly Tuition|
|30 Minute Class||$73|
|45 Minute Class||$77|
|60 Minute Class||$81|
|75 Minute Class||$84|
|90 Minute Class||$88|
|120 Minute Class||$95|
Adult Drop-In Rates:
For the Academic Year, adult drop-in classes will be allowed via Zoom or in-person if space allows. Please call the studio to check on space availability.
|Class Length||Tuition Fee per Class|
|45 Minute Class||$23 per Class|
|60 Minute Class||$23 per Class|
|75 Minute Class||$25 per Class|
|90 Minute Class||$25 per Class|
**Adult drop-in classes are only available at CBA’s 29 North and Downtown Ix Art Park locations. Drop-in classes are not available for CBA classes at Carver Recreation Center.
CBA Policies for Classes During the Academic Year:
- For your convenience, CBA uses monthly billing that automatically drafts from your credit card on file. A credit card is required upon registering; the first month’s tuition will be charged at the time of enrollment along with registration fees.
- Registration Fee – Assessed at time of registration: $20 charged for the first student per family (includes adults), $10 for each additional student per family. Registration fees are charged once per academic year.
- Tuition is charged automatically on the 1st of every month for that same month’s tuition. *September tuition is charged upon enrollment. October tuition is charged on October 1, etc. No tuition is charged in December due to Winter Break.
- Please note that you will NOT receive an invoice each month.
- The credit card on file will be charged if another form of payment (cash, check, or alternate credit card) is not received by the tuition due date.
- Any declined cards will carry a fee of $10 and any returned checks will carry a fee of $25.
- All students register for the full academic year at CBA (September-June). Notice of dropping a class must be emailed to [email protected] by the end of the month or the card on file will be charged without refund on the first of the month.
- Students that miss a class may attend a make-up class in another age appropriate class during the same session. Refunds are not given for any missed classes. Please contact our front desk staff to notify us of missing any classes and to schedule a make-up class.
- A costume rental fee of $35 will be assessed for each performing class for Children’s Division and up (due November 1).
- A Spring Performance fee of $50 per student ($25 per sibling) will be assessed for each student at CBA that participates in the Spring Performance for Children’s Division and up (due March 1). Tickets will be FREE for the performances.
- Enrollment/Drop Deadlines:
- First Steps Division: March 1.
- Children’s Division and Up: December 15.
Students ages 6+ may study privately with CBA faculty for a customized training program. Private lessons are a great option for many reasons: reviewing the basics, learning terminology of the ABT curriculum for class placement, analyzing alignment or strength imbalances, working on mastering certain skills, and especially for students wishing to advance at an accelerated pace.
|Private Lesson Length||Tuition Fee per Lesson|
|30 Minute Lesson||$45 per Lesson|
|45 Minute Lesson||$55 per Lesson|
|60 Minute Lesson||$65 per Lesson|
|75 Minute Lesson||$75 per Lesson|
|90 Minute Lesson||$85 per Lesson|
For more information about private lessons or to schedule a lesson, please contact Academy Manager, Cordelaine Klyne at [email protected].
Private Lesson Cancellation Policy:
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel a private lesson by emailing [email protected] or calling our front desk at the location of your lesson. If at least 24 hours notice is not given, you will still be charged for the private lesson. If the cancellation is due to an emergency or due to illness, please notify us as soon as possible.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Charlottesville Ballet is dedicated to providing dance training to students and families from all backgrounds. Financial Assistance for tuition to Charlottesville Ballet Academy is available for all families that qualify for assistance. If you are interested in applying for Financial Aid for classes/camps held at CBA’s 29 North or Downtown Ix Art Park locations, please click the button below to submit an application.
*If you are interested in CBA classes/camps held at Carver Recreation Center, you must apply for a scholarship through Charlottesville Parks & Recreation.