COVID-19 POLICIES & GUIDELINES
Health and safety is our top priority. In Summer 2020, CBA assembled a COVID-19 Advisory Committee consisting of CBA parents, doctors, local public school leaders, architectural experts, etc. We have consulted this committee regarding the new policies and procedures outlined below, and are seeking their guidance as we continue to progress during the pandemic.
CLASSES & PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- Reduced Class Sizes
- Physical Distancing — Including 10′ individual dancer boxes taped on studio floors
- Virtual Only Class Option Available for All Classes
- Faculty Training on All New COVID-19 Procedures
- Everyone at the Charlottesville Ballet’s facility age 3 and above is required to wear a mask at all times while inside the building.
- The teaching faculty is aware of the unique challenges that come with dancing/exercising in a mask and will modify classes accordingly.
- Students encouraged to bring multiple masks (2 or 3) if taking multiple classes in one day.
- BACK OF THE BUILDING: First Steps Division & Children’s Division students whose class/camp is upstairs (Studio 1, 2, & 3) should meet in the back of the building. Students and parents should plan to remain in their vehicles until they see their teacher outside holding a sign with their class name on it (approximately 3 minutes prior to the class start time.) At this time, students may approach the building and join their teacher. The teacher will then escort all students into the building. Teachers will escort these same students out the back of the building at dismissal time.
- FRONT OF THE BUILDING: All other classes/camps including ALL downstairs classes/camps (Studio A & B) AND all Student Division, By Placement Division, and Adult Division classes whose class/camp is upstairs (Studio 1, 2, & 3) should drop-off in the front of the building. These students do NOT need to wait in their vehicles. Please proceed inside the building once you arrive (no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your class start time). Students in upstairs studios may use the elevator with a maximum occupancy of 4 people. These same students will exit the front of the building for pick-up.
- Students will sanitize hands prior to entry.
- With the exception of our younger students, parents/families will not be allowed inside the building and will have the option to observe the class virtually.
We ask that you do not allow your student to attend class in person at the studio if they, anyone in the household, or anyone they have been in contact with has had any of the following symptoms in the previous 48 hours:
- Fever of at least 100.4 degrees fahrenheit
- Head Lice
- Pink Eye
- Hospital Stay/Sick Visit to the Doctor
If your student or someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19, or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you must immediately notify us so we can take the appropriate precautionary measures. Please then refrain from attending class in-person until there has been either 3 days with no symptoms or 14 days from onset/contact, whichever is longest. Additionally, you must email CBA stating your COVID-19 timeline (contact dates, test date, result date, and last date in the CB building) and wait to receive confirmation back from CBA staff of when you may return to the facility.
- Daily Professional Cleaning
- Bathrooms & High-Touch Surfaces — All will be cleaned hourly during afternoon & evening classes.
- Ballet Barres & High-Touch Studio Surfaces — Will be sanitized between every class.
- HVAC Updates — Complete re-work of the HVAC systems in order to allow for maximum outside air flow into the facility
- New Touchless Hand Sanitizers & Touchless Soap Dispensers
- Disinfecting Wipe Dispensers in All Studios
- Expansion of Studio 2
For further details and to view the full document with all procedures listed, please view the link below. We will continue to update the below document as changes with the pandemic occur.