COVID-19 POLICIES & GUIDELINES
Health and safety is our top priority. In 2020, CBA assembled a COVID-19 Advisory Committee consisting of CBA parents, doctors, local public school leaders, architectural experts, etc. This committee advised CBA on best practices during the pandemic. We have consulted the committee regarding the policies outlined below, and have continued to update these policies as we’ve moved forward during the pandemic.
CLASSES & PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- Reduced Class Sizes
- Physical Distancing
- Virtual Only Class Option Available
- Faculty Training on All New COVID-19 Procedures
- Based on Albemarle County’s level of transmission, (effective April 1, 2022) masks are optional for CBA students.
- CBA will continue to follow the health and safety guidance from the CDC and the local health department as COVID-19 continues to evolve. If transmission begins to increase in Albemarle County, CBA staff will reassess and may return to requiring masks.
- ALL staff at Charlottesville Ballet are fully vaccinated and will continue to wear masks in the facility.
Drop-off/Pick-up locations vary by session. Please see the buttons below with the full COVID-19 Policies for your desired session (Academic Year or Summer) for details.
We ask that you do not allow your student to attend class in person at the studio if they, anyone in the household, or anyone they have been in contact with has had any of the following symptoms in the previous 24 hours:
- Fever of at least 100.4 degrees fahrenheit
- Head Lice
- Pink Eye
- Hospital Stay/Sick Visit to the Doctor
If the student is pending a COVID-19 test result, they must wait for a negative result before returning to the facility in-person, even if the student is symptom free.
If your student or someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19, or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you must immediately notify us so we can take the appropriate precautionary measures.
If your student tests positive for COVID-19, both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals must refrain from attending class in-person until there has been either 3 days with no symptoms or 10 days from onset/contact, whichever is longest. Please also email CBA ([email protected]) stating your COVID-19 timeline (contact dates, date of onset of symptoms, test date, result date, and last date in the CB building) and wait to receive confirmation back of when you may return to the facility.
Anyone identified as a close contact who is not fully vaccinated must quarantine (stay home from CBA and any other school they attend) and self-monitor for symptoms for 10 days from the last day of exposure. Anyone identified as a close contact who is fully vaccinated is not required to quarantine, but is advised to be tested for the virus within 5 to 7 days of exposure and should continue to monitor themselves for symptoms.
- Daily Professional Cleaning
- Bathrooms & High-Touch Surfaces — All will be cleaned hourly during afternoon & evening classes.
- Ballet Barres & High-Touch Studio Surfaces — Will be sanitized between every class.
- Air quality updates — Installation of a new ERV system (Energy Recovery Ventilation System) in order to allow for maximum outside air flow into the facility
- Installation of Touchless Hand Sanitizers & Touchless Soap Dispensers
- Disinfecting Wipe Dispensers installed in All Studios
- Expansion of Studio 2
For further details and to view the full document with all procedures listed, please view the link below. We will continue to make updates as any changes occur.