COVID-19 POLICIES & GUIDELINES
Health and safety is our top priority. In Summer 2020, CBA assembled a COVID-19 Advisory Committee consisting of CBA parents, doctors, local public school leaders, architectural experts, etc. We have consulted this committee regarding the new policies and procedures outlined below, and are seeking their guidance as we continue to progress during the pandemic.
CLASSES & PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- Reduced Class Sizes
- Physical Distancing
- Virtual Only Class Option Available for All Classes at CBA
- Faculty Training on All New COVID-19 Procedures
- Everyone at the Charlottesville Ballet’s facility age 3 and above is required to wear a mask at all times while inside the building regardless of vaccination status. Students that are 2 years of age are strongly encouraged to wear a mask if they are able to.
- The teaching faculty is aware of the unique challenges that come with dancing/exercising in a mask and will modify classes accordingly.
- Students encouraged to bring multiple masks (2 or 3) if taking multiple classes in one day.
- ALL staff at Charlottesville Ballet is fully vaccinated and will continue to wear masks in the facility.
- Students will sanitize hands prior to entry at all locations.
- BACK OF THE BUILDING ARRIVAL/DISMISSAL AT CBA: All classes (except Adult Classes & Adaptive Classes – see below) whose class is upstairs (Studios 1, 2, & 3) should meet in the BACK of the building. Students and parents should plan to remain in their vehicles until they see a staff member outside holding a sign with their class name on it (approximately 5 minutes prior to the class start time). At this time, students may approach the building and line up with their class. The teacher or staff member will then escort all students into the building. After class, upstairs studios will also be dismissed and escorted out the BACK of the building to meet their parents for pick-up.
- FRONT OF THE BUILDING ARRIVAL/DISMISSAL AT CBA: All classes (except Adult Classes & Adaptive Classes – see below) whose class is downstairs (Studios A & B) should meet in the FRONT of the building. Students and parents should plan to remain in their vehicles until they see a staff member outside holding a sign with their class name on it (approximately 5 minutes prior to the class start time). At this time, students may approach the building and line up with their class. The teacher or staff member will then escort all students into the building. After class, downstairs studios will also be dismissed and escorted out the FRONT of the building to meet their parents for pick-up.
- ADULT CLASS & ADAPTIVE DANCE CLASS ARRIVAL/DISMISSAL AT CBA: Students in any adult class or adaptive class (upstairs or downstairs) may park in the FRONT of the building and enter upon arrival. For downstairs classes (Studios A & B), please enter and wait for class in the downstairs lobby. For upstairs classes (Studios 1, 2, & 3) please enter and use the elevator with a maximum occupancy of 4 people at a time. Please then wait for class in the upstairs lobby. If you need to use the stairs for any reason instead of the elevator, please inform our front desk staff and they will escort you to the back stairwell. These students will also exit out the FRONT of the building.
- Observation at CBA: For our First Steps Division and Adaptive classes, parents have the option of entering the building to observe from the lobby or they may observe via Zoom in their vehicles. For our Children’s Division, parents may opt to escort their student into the building, but then must return to their vehicle and observe via Zoom during classes. For all other levels, parents will not be permitted inside the CBA building. All parents of classes held at the CBA facility may observe the class virtually.
- Arrival & Dismissal Procedures at The Center at Belvedere Facility:
All families may park in the parking lot upon arrival and enter through the East Entrance door with their student at or after 4:30PM (the main door will be locked). The East Entrance door is located to the left of the main doors at the end of the sidewalk (close to the left side of the building). CBA staff will be present at this door on the first day of class to greet you and show you where your studio is located. Students should sanitize their hands upon entering (sanitizer provided at the facility), use the bathrooms if needed and then go directly to their class.
There are no Zoom observation options at The Center. Since this is a much larger space that can allow for distancing among patrons, all parents are welcome to enter the building wearing a face mask and may observe class from the East Corridor or they may wait in the Wellness Room located near the East Entrance. After class, dismissal will also occur at the East Entrance door.
We ask that you do not allow your student to attend class in person at the studio if they, anyone in the household, or anyone they have been in contact with has had any of the following symptoms in the previous 24 hours:
- Fever of at least 100.4 degrees fahrenheit
- Head Lice
- Pink Eye
- Hospital Stay/Sick Visit to the Doctor
If a student is pending a Covid-19 test result, they must wait for a negative result before returning to the facility in-person, even if the student is symptom free.
If your student or someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19, or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you must immediately notify us so we can take the appropriate precautionary measures. Please then refrain from attending class in-person until there has been either 3 days with no symptoms or 10 days from onset/contact, whichever is longest. Additionally, you must email CBA stating your COVID-19 timeline (contact dates, test date, result date, and last date in the CB building) and wait to receive confirmation back from CBA staff of when you may return to the facility.
- Daily Professional Cleaning
- Bathrooms & High-Touch Surfaces — All will be cleaned hourly during afternoon & evening classes.
- Ballet Barres & High-Touch Studio Surfaces — Will be sanitized between every class.
- Air quality updates — Installation of a new ERV system (Energy Recovery Ventilation System) in order to allow for maximum outside air flow into the facility
- Installation of Touchless Hand Sanitizers & Touchless Soap Dispensers
- Disinfecting Wipe Dispensers installed in All Studios
- Expansion of Studio 2
For further details and to view the full document with all procedures listed, please view the link below. We will continue to make updates as changes with the pandemic occur.