COVID-19 POLICIES & GUIDELINES
Health and safety is our top priority. In Summer 2020, CBA assembled a COVID-19 Advisory Committee consisting of CBA parents, doctors, local public school leaders, architectural experts, etc. We have consulted this committee regarding the new policies and procedures outlined below, and are seeking their guidance as we continue to progress during the pandemic.
CLASSES & PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- Reduced Class Sizes
- Physical Distancing — Including 10′ individual dancer boxes taped on studio floors
- Hybrid Class Format — Many classes will be split into 2 rotating groups, where 1 group meets in-person and the other meets virtually.
- Virtual Only Class Option Available for All Classes
- Faculty Training on All New COVID-19 Procedures
- Everyone at the Charlottesville Ballet’s facility age 3 and above is required to wear a mask at all times while inside the building.
- The teaching faculty is aware of the unique challenges that come with dancing/exercising in a mask and will modify classes accordingly.
- Students encouraged to bring multiple masks (2 or 3) if taking multiple classes in one day.
- Teachers will meet classes distanced outside to safely escort students inside.
- Downstairs Classes: Meet in the FRONT parking lot of the building.
- Upstairs Classes: Meet in the BACK parking lot of the building.
- Students will sanitize hands prior to entry.
- With the exception of our younger students, parents/families will not be allowed inside the building and will have the option to observe the class virtually.
We ask that you do not allow your student to attend class in person at the studio if they, anyone in the household, or anyone they have been in contact with has had any of the following symptoms in the previous 48 hours:
- Fever of at least 100.4 degrees fahrenheit
- Head Lice
- Pink Eye
- Hospital Stay/Sick Visit to the Doctor
If your student or someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19, or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you must immediately notify us so we can take the appropriate precautionary measures. Please then refrain from attending class in-person until there has been either 3 days with no symptoms or 14 days from onset/contact, whichever is longest. Additionally, you must email CBA stating your COVID-19 timeline (contact dates, test date, result date, and last date in the CB building) and wait to receive confirmation back from CBA staff of when you may return to the facility.
- Daily Professional Cleaning
- Bathrooms & High-Touch Surfaces — All will be cleaned hourly during afternoon & evening classes.
- Ballet Barres & High-Touch Studio Surfaces — Will be sanitized between every class.
- HVAC Updates — Complete re-work of the HVAC systems in order to allow for maximum outside air flow into the facility
- New Touchless Hand Sanitizers & Touchless Soap Dispensers
- Disinfecting Wipe Dispensers in All Studios
- Expansion of Studio 2
For further details and to view the full documents with all procedures listed, please view the links below. We will continue to update the below documents as changes with the pandemic occur.